A medical exam glove is appropriate for many professions, like nurses, dentists, cleaners, mechanics, etc. The list of top 10 Best Medical Exam Gloves provided by us will help you find the best quality and futuristic medical glove. It should be selected by keeping points in mind like price, performance, features, and quality. It helps to protect us from harmful bacteria and germs. It will be the best layer of protection against all the micro-organisms or contaminants.
There are many benefits of using it, and many types of medical gloves are available. Additionally, the guidelines for using it are also mentioned further in this article. So before you purchase it, make sure you read the whole article to have the knowledge and better judgment for your purchase.
VersaPro Violet Nitrile Medical Gloves
Curad CUR4125R Latex Exam Glove, One Size Fits Most
Dealmed Black Nitrile Exam Gloves, XL
Safeguard Blue Nitrile Examination Glove
Medline Generation Pink 3G Synthetic Exam Gloves
MedPride Powder-Free Nitrile Exam Gloves
Diamond Gloves Black Advance Nitrile Examination Powder-Free Gloves
Kimberly-Clark 55080 Model KC500 Nitrile-Xtra Powder Free Exam Gloves, Disposable, Extra-Small, Purple (Box of 100) by Halyard Health
Ammex VPF64100-BX Clear Vinyl Medical Gloves
Dynarex Safe-Touch Nitrile Exam Gloves (Non-latex) Powder Free (M)
10 Best Medical Exam Gloves 2020
- VersaPro has brought gloves that are small in size but contains at least 100 in each box. Furthermore, it is FDA approved, which makes it a trustworthy product. Additionally, it is chemo-rated to use in the hospital setting. Moreover, the fantastic feature is the textured surface that provides an excellent grip. They are safe to use in places where a bad-quality glove will not be conducive.
Undoubtedly, they provide the best quality being the preferable ones. It is both latex and powder-free. Hence it is ideal for use by any person with allergic reactions. Additionally, being powder free it does not leave residue on your hand after use. It is decent for hospital use, and the price is reasonable. It is strictly for single-use, so it does not create health hazards to anyone.
- Powder and Latex-free
- Chemo-rated for hospital use
- FDA approved
- Small in size
- Curad CUR4125R is a type of glove that fits almost every hand, whether small or large. It also fits the left or right hand ideally. Additionally, it is comfortable to use for a long time in a single-use. As it is single use only it makes it more hygienic. It has a unique feature of finger sensitivity and firm grip. It is very accommodating and easy to use.
There are about a hundred gloves in a single box, and it is available at a reasonable price. It is powder-free, so there will be no residue of powder left after use. It is made up of latex, which might lead to allergic reactions if your skin is sensitive. It is non-sterile and disposable. It is a leading brand to use in hospitals. Moreover, excellent finishing and texture make it suitable for your use.
- Great finger sensitivity
- Comfortable and easy to use
- It is made of latex, which might lead to allergic reactions.
- Dealmed has brought this unique powder-free black nitrile exam gloves. It has a high-quality nitrile construction that provides more protection. Additionally, it eliminates the risk of allergies associated with latex ones. Furthermore, providing optimal protection and comfort is the primary purpose of it. Admittedly, it is designed with highly elastic and beaded cuffs.
It provides tactile sensitivity for the delicate care of patients. Moreover, it is disposable, non-allergic, and non-irritating. Additionally, it is tested and approved for excellent protection and lasts for a long time. It is incomparable because it can also be used for tattooing, food prep, pet care or cleaning, etc. Especially, soft fill technology keeps it wrinkle-free and packed flat.
- Multi-purpose use
- Quality nitrile construction
- Optimal comfort and protection
- It is quite expensive.
- These gloves are powder-free and used for the purpose examination. It is 100 percent safe to use as it is approved by both FDA and ASTM standards. Additionally, they are made of supreme quality and durable material. Moreover, the material used is durable, elastic, and puncture-resistant. It is the best alternative and much affordable.
Furthermore, it fits perfectly for both hands left and right. The unique features of textured fingers make it have a better grip, and contouring at the palms provides a snug fit. They cause no allergy or side effects. Moreover, nitrile helps to breathe or allows proper ventilation better than vinyl or latex. Also, it is multi-purpose as you can use them for personal care, repair, or in the kitchen.
- Very safe to use
- Premium quality
- Multi-purpose use
- More limited color options
- Medline Generation provides the best performance as a hospital glove. The latex third generation makes it very comfortable to use, and overall protection is guaranteed for an extended period. The small pink ones are manufactured with a beaded cuff that makes it durable to use. They come 100 in one pack. The best and unique feature of this glove is purchasing them; you will contribute to helping Medline support the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
By purchasing it, you’re contributing to a noble deed and also having a great deal. Other than that, it is very affordable and easy to use as it comes off and puts on quickly. These are latex-free, so it would not be allergic to your skin in any way. It can be used for multi-purposes like gardening, kitchen, cleaning, etc. The pink look makes it look good in your offices or the place you work. They have a great fitting, and it will be comfortable for your hand.
- Made up of beaded cuff
- Contributes to National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Fewer size options
- MedPride Provides one of the best quality gloves. It is powder-free and a perfect alternative for latex rubber gloves, and it does not leave residue or odor after use. Additionally, it has textured fingertips for better grip and provides a comfy fit. The brilliant tactile sensitivity makes it suitable for all situations. Notably, it has extraordinary strength and is resistant to damage and puncture.
The flexible and stretchable material makes it durable and fit. Additionally, it can be used for multi-purpose like tattoo artists, physicians, etc. The exceptional feature or smooth finish and beaded cuff make it a reliable one. Moreover, it is easy to put and off, and it will not slide off from your hand. It is a safe, secure, and beneficial product.
- Does not leave any residue or odor
- Good quality product
- Flexible and does not irritate.
- Does not protect from harmful things
- Next in our list is Diamond Advance Nitrile Glove that has no added powder. It is also non-sterile and latex-free; for this reason, it will not leave any residual. Furthermore, it has excellent resistance towards damage due to extraordinary strength. There are 100 pieces of the medium-sized glove in a box. The robust quality of it makes it suitable for use in tough jobs.
The chemical and moisture resistant feature of it makes it last longer than many cheap gloves. They can be used in hospitals, the automotive industry, the tattoo industry, and clinics. The textured and beaded cuff offers a thickness of 6.3 mils. If you want a high-quality glove but at a lower cost, this is the one for you.
- Medical grade gloves
- Highly resistant to chemicals
- Textured and beaded form
- It might not be very flexible.
- This medical glove offers superb fit and firmness; it is also highly popular because of its perfect grip and firm fit. It is powderless, so it does not leave a residue after use. Moreover, it is made of nitrile with synthetic rubber construction. It also eliminates the chances of allergic reactions on the skin. There is a variety of sizes available, ranging from small to extra-large.
Besides, it is an ambidextrous design and easily disposable after use. It is also available in wrist style; this will look stylish and also give more freedom to your hand. Furthermore, the quality is excellent and reliable. The rigid construction of it makes it durable and dependable for use. It is resistant to damage and multi-purpose.
- Offers firm grip
- Strong and durable
- No allergic reactions
- If the purple color is not a color you like then, you might not like this glove.
- This medical glove is an exam grade, so it is perfect for medical use. It provides reliable protection against body fluids, blood-borne pathogens, and many other contaminants. The main component of manufacturing this glove is vinyl, which is a synthetic mineral of PVC. Hence, the flexibility and elasticity of it are mind-boggling.
The Ammex VPF64100-BX Vinyl glove fits perfectly and is very comfortable. Additionally, it will not cause any allergic reaction to the skin of your hand. It has a thickness of 4 mils around fingers and palm. The whole length of the glove is 9.5 inches long, giving full coverage and extreme protection. Furthermore, there are size options available from small to extra-large to prefer according to your requirement.
- Exam-grade vinyl gloves
- Comfortable and elastic
- Powder-free and latex-free
- The loose fit might not be a plus point
- The people who are sensitive to the powder present in gloves or rubber latex this glove is appropriate for your use. It is non-sterile,powder-free, and elastic. As the gloves are latex-free, it does not leave an odor and is extremely durable. Additionally, its strength is surreal, and there is no danger of accidental contact with harmful pathogens. It does not allow your hand to be exposed to bacteria or germs.
No allergic reaction is caused due to natural rubber proteins present in it. It has excellent resistance to puncture or damage and also maintains tactile sensitivity. As nitrile is used, it is more natural than both vinyl and latex and more breathable. Furthermore, it is ambidextrous and very durable. These gloves are affordable and provide the best quality standards.
- Feel more natural than vinyl and latex
- Ambidextrous gloves
- Powder-free and Non-sterile
- It might not be suitable for big hands.
Medical Gloves are a necessary part of medical exams or other household chores. Especially with a wide variety of range available, it is hard to find a suitable one for you. You should make sure the product you purchase should have all the requirements present in it. It should be durable and worth the money you pay.
However, if you choose a low-quality product, it will not match your expectations. You should instead go with the superior quality of the glove. Here we have compiled all the necessary features you will require in a pair of medical gloves.
- Purpose for Use
There are two types of a nitrile glove, either industrial purpose or medical purpose. You should first decide the purpose of purchasing. So if you are exposed to harsh chemicals and substances, you will need the industrial grade. Otherwise, for testing or any medical requirement, the medical-grade nitrile glove will be sufficient.
According to the purpose, it should be chosen out of all alternatives. This is the reason for knowing the purpose for use before the purchase.
- Types of Material
The material of it matters a lot. Materials make quality superior or inferior. Moreover, it is crucial to know the material of a medical glove. Each material provides a different level of assurance or strength.
- Polymer – Most of the gloves are made up of polymers, as it is a cheap and flexible alternative.
- Latex- Latex allows extended usage, comfort, and flexibility. The con of latex is that it can be reactive to some people’s skin, which makes it quite unideal.
- Nitrile rubber- It replaces latex as it is efficient, causes no allergic reaction and better performance. Also, this material is abrasion and corrosion-resistant.
- Vinyl gloves- It is suitable for a short term task. 3g Vinyl is premium and efficient.
- Neoprene- It is ideal for the latex-free environment. Additionally, it is very useful for handling when in contact with body fluids. But this can create issues for the environment because of hydrogen chloride released on incineration.
- Polyisoprene- It is used for preparing surgical gloves. The properties are almost similar to the latex one in the criteria of feel and fitment. Additionally, it is ideal for tactile sensitivity and comfort.
- Hand Size
Hand size is an ignored but critical feature. There different hand sizes available for different people. You should be careful while choosing the size of the glove. Always find the ideal size which can come off quickly. It should neither be too close-fitting that would tear up nor too loose, which may compromise the user’s safety.
Furthermore, you should go with snug-fitting that will give maximum performance and best protection. An ideal medical glove that fits perfectly and provides performance as expected, and easy and comfortable to work should be bought for your use.
- Powdered Vs. Non-Powdered
There are either powdered or non-powdered types in medical gloves. The primary purpose of a powdered one is to enable the user to have comfortable wearing and removal. The powder used is usually corn starch, and it also acts as a lubricant. Therefore the use of powdered one is pretty smooth and easy. Moreover, powdered ones are decreasing for use as the residual powder left on the hand concerns the user.
Alternative of these are the non-powdered ones. They come with a polymer coating that enables a smooth process. These are for single-use, so it shows great results without leaving the residue of powder on your hand.
It is not essential to choose the color of gloves, but it is useful if you prefer. There are various types of shade available. Due to a wide variety, you should be picky while choosing the shade. In some institutions, they prefer the shade according to the uniform color. The color usually helps to distinguish the type of material used to make a glove.
- Industrial Vs. Medical
When you are selecting a glove from 10 Best Medical Exam Gloves,you undoubtedly need to understand the meaning and use of industrial and medical gloves. Firstly, let’s talk about the industrial one; it involves handling solvents and chemicals. These are very useful in automotive, chemical, janitorial, and food services.
Secondly, medical ones are also known as exam grade gloves. It is widely used for situations where you need to deal with environmental contaminants and blood-borne pathogens. Moreover, it is commonly used in clinics, medical, dental offices, laboratories, and hospitals. They are adequately tested and also fulfill FDA standards and guidelines. Additionally, it can eliminate the risk of allergies.
- Thickness of Glove
Many gloves are available in a different thickness range from 6-8 mils. They are heavy duty and premium quality designed to perform effectively under harsh surroundings. The thicker, the better- shows that the thickness offers longevity to the span of use. It also poses resistance to damage and tear. Medical ones are more flexible and efficient.
- Finish & Texture
If you need a firm grip, you will need a textured finish on the glove’s fingers and palm. The diamond pattern allows the grip when wet as well as when dry. Additionally, Nitrile medical gloves have a chlorinated finish, so they are less sticky, which helps to put on and remove easily. If the texture is rough, it will provide a better grip, making it easy to handle things.
Some Important Guideline for Using Medical Gloves
- It should be worn to the place in which it has a high risk of infection.
- If in close contact with blood or body fluids, it is advisable to wear one.
- Should avoid using powdered gloves as they leave protein allergens.
- Wash your hands before using and after removal of gloves.
- Avoid alcohol-based lotions for enhanced usage.
- Should always wear one which fits perfectly and does not compromise with health and safety measures.
- Change gloves after every session with different patients.
- Medical gloves are best for maintaining hygiene; no other alternative should be used that might comprise in quality standards.
- Pick the correct and best glove for your use.
In conclusion, it is very advantageous to have a medical exam glove for use. It acts as a protective shield against harmful contaminants and bacteria and provides excellent assurance for maintaining health. It is a useful tool for the conservation of your skin from any body fluids, blood, or micro-organisms. Moreover, it protects you and the person/patient you have contact with for an extended period. Disposable gloves are better for hygiene concerns as they are for single-use.
Furthermore, a good-quality medical glove can be effective and efficient. It is an integral part of any healthcare worker. A lousy quality one should not be in use as it has concerns of tearing apart or puncture and damage. You should know the purpose for use and accordingly choose the material. Another critical factor is the size; it should be neither loose nor tight.
The color does not matter but might add to the style. Additionally, non-powdered ones should be preferred more as they do not leave a residue of powder after use. Moreover, the thickness of gloves improves quality, and it does not damage quickly. Also, proper finishing and texture should be noted. All other essential features and guidelines are mentioned in the article.
High quality gloves can never give inferior results. Additionally, a perfect choice can make a huge difference in your safety for day-to-day work. it might be expensive, but as they say, “Every penny for health is worth the pay.” You should never compromise on health concerns. It is advisable to pay more for more benefits.
Moreover, from the top 10 Best Medical Exam Gloves list with pros and cons mentioned with each product. It will be easy to make a judgment for a great purchase, and you will find the investment worth the money. As beautifully described, “The gloves are like a second skin.” Now all you got to do is make a thoughtful decision about which product to buy.